Thanks to sensor miniaturization, laser technology is available for surveying and mapping professionals in many different guises nowadays. This selection of articles highlights the diversity of Lidar as a flexible tool for capturing the environment. From backpacks to handheld scanners and from drones to helmets, this type of remote sensing technology can be mounted on almost any device imaginable, resulting in a wide variety of applications.
- Capturing the Environment with a Lidar-equipped Helmet
- Lidar in a Backpack: Scanning a Whole Stadium in Just a Few Minutes
- Automated Mobile System for Mapping Mine Shafts
- Portable Lidar Mapping to Capture Historic Cave
- Using UAV-Lidar for Operational Forest Management
Source and image credit: GIM International