5 June 2023
The Global Firefighting Drone Market size was valued at USD 1.31 Billion in 2022 and is forecasted to be USD 2.76 Billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 9.8 % from 2023 to 2030, as per a recent report published by Cognitive Market Research.As per Cognitive Market Research analysis, the growing number of fire incidences in forests and industries is fuelling the demand for firefighting drones, as they are capable of monitoring and capturing scenes in an instance where firefighters and fire trucks cannot reach them. In addition, government initiatives for developing firefighting solutions with the help of new technologies are expected to further drive market growth during the forecasted period. For example, in 2020, the British Government invested USD 43 Million in firefighting and COVID drones to solve global challenges.
- The growing number of fire-born incidences in several industries is a significant driver responsible for the firefighting drone market growth.
- Limited operational bandwidth and lack of skilled pilots can hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements such as cloud platform and AI technology is expected to open new opportunities for market growth during the forecasted period.
- By type, the multirotor firefighting drone segment dominated the market in 2022 due to its vast application in several industries.
- By size, micro-firefighters’ drones adopted the largest market share in 2022. This is attributed to the fact that they can reach anywhere for quick and reliable inspection.
- By region, North America has dominated the market for firefighting drones in 2022 owing to the high adoption of firefighter drones in different sectors.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecasted period due to the increasing adoption of high technology among emerging countries such as China and India.
- Product development, product launch, collaboration, and partnerships by key market players are expected to open new avenues for market growth.
28 Feb 2024
New tool to manage forestry slash
Better management of forest felling waste has gained new impetus in Cyclone Gabrielle’s wake, with the sector firmly in the spotlight for the impact such waste has had on communities, ecosystems, and farmland downstream from harvest areas. Rotorua-based forest management ...
28 Feb 2024
New multi-species carbon calculator available
A new multi-species carbon calculator developed by Mark Kimberley and Michael Watt to support grower decision-making is freely available on the Forest Growers Research website ( Multi-Species Carbon Calculator (fgr.nz)). The calculator predicts growth metrics for eleven species that include ...
23 Feb 2024
JOUAV unveils advanced airborne Lidar sensor
JOUAV has released the JoLiDAR-1000 Lidar sensor designed specifically for uncrewed aerial vehicles (UAVs or ‘drones’) as the latest addition to its array of high-performance Lidar sensors for use in UAV applications such as GIS, surveying and precision powerline inspections. ...
16 Feb 2024
Wingtra debuts pioneering Lidar drone solution
Wingtra has unveiled its innovative Lidar-drone solution. The new Lidar payload is designed to seamlessly integrate the efficiency, ease of operation, and high accuracy of the WingtraOne GEN II drones with an advanced Wingtra-engineered Lidar sensor, offering notable advancements in ...
16 Feb 2024
Trimble and DroneDeploy improved UAV mapping
Trimble has unveiled the integration of the Trimble Applanix POSPac Cloud post-processed kinematic (PPK) GNSS positioning service, featuring CenterPoint RTX, with the UAV-based mapping and data collection capabilities of DroneDeploy’s reality capture platform. With the Trimble cloud positioning service, DroneDeploy ...
16 Feb 2024
Blue gum expansion & mechanised planting planned
Australia’s dwindling timber reserves could be exhausted in less than a decade, but industry experts are hoping a new native nursery in Western Australia could help ease the pressure. In the coastal city of Albany, 450 kilometres south of Perth, ...