NZ forestry industry establishing pan sector body
Wood biomass boiler swings into action
72% of region’s energy needs through biomass
Potential for biofuel in the South
Australia´s first eFuels plant announced
The world’s largest biomass energy company near collapse
As anticipated, the turnout to the second Residues2Revenues 2023 was a standout for the industry. Around 250 delegates attended the wood residues event, principally forest owners and managers, harvesting and log cartage contractors, those looking at utilising surplus residues from wood processing and manufacturing operations and aggregators, who were extracting, transporting, processing, drying and selling ever-increasing volumes of woody biofuels that are being sought by larger industrial heat and energy users.
And it wasn’t only New Zealand companies. A good contingent from Australia attended again and a raft of international delegates were able to join those in Rotorua, New Zealand and participate in the event remotely.
- Key drivers ensuring biomass conversions and bio-fuel investment in New Zealand
- Regions under pressure – how are the regions handling unprecedented demand for biomass
- Biomass resources – current and potential solid fuel demand.
- Wood residues payment – by weight, by volume or by energy content (weight and moisture content)
- In-field chipping and grinding innovations
- Logistics issues around loading and transporting wood residues
- Residues recovery. In field vs skid or processing site vs centralised chipping options
- New biomass boiler innovations – fuel types, selection & operation
- New bio-products
- Bioenergy hubs – aggregation of fuel supplies and suppliers to meet market demands
- Heading the conversion charge from fossil fuels to biomasss
Who will attend?
- Forest owners and managers
- Harvesting and log cartage contractors
- Wood processing and manufacturing operations
- Wood fuel suppliers
- Regional and District Council planners
- Government policy staff
- Wood chip, biomass and wood pellet users
- Energy heat plant users and manufacturers
- Equipment, product and service suppliers to the industry
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Residues2Revenues 2023 offered a tremendous opportunity for companies involved in harvesting, transporting, aggregating and using wood residues to maximise their exposure to the New Zealand and Australian industries.
Exhibition opportunities included both stands inside the hotel venue, or space outside the venue for displaying larger equipment such as wood chipping and wood grinding machines, wood residue handling, slash and chip loading equipment and trucks. Please contact us for further information.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity for Residues2Revenues 2024, or other upcoming FIEA events, please contact Gordon Thomson, FIEA Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, email@example.com.
Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference. After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority.
Special accommodation rates will be available shortly
- The Conference Rate refers to your attendance in person at the Rotorua, New Zealand conference and exhibitions.
- Virtual Event registrations can be booked by delegates from outside of New Zealand. This will ensure that those unable to travel into either New Zealand to attend in person will be able to participate directly live online, or view the recorded presentations at a later date.
- All prices exclude GST (15%). For virtual online registrations from outside New Zealand, GST does not apply.
- For New Zealand transactions, including the virtual online event, a credit card processing fee of 2.9% will be charged.
- The Early Bird Rate applies only to the standard conference rate. To be eligible, registrations and payment must be received ON or BEFORE the listed date above. All special discounts require payment at the time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) Member Discounts of 10-25% apply to the listed Standard Conference Rate. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz. Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- For those attending in Rotorua, the event registration payment covers morning and afternoon teas, lunch, refreshments, Networking Evening, workshops, a conference handbook and post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s, for those presentations where presenter approval has been given).
- For Virtual Event registrations, your registration payment covers live access to all New Zealand conference presentations, post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s, for those presentations where presenter approval has been given) and recorded presentations, for a limited time and where speaker approval has been given.
COVID-19 related information:
- The event organiser will work to ensure that all instructions provided by the New Zealand Government Health Authorities, relating to travel and the running of events because of COVID-19 are strictly adhered to.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsor, exhibitor or delegate, if intending to travel to attend the conference, to check on all updated health and Government guidelines for any specific entry requirements.
- If for any reason the venue is unable to be used because of COVID-19 restrictions that might have been imposed by Government, the event organiser may need to either reschedule the event or move the event online. Your registration will automatically transfer to the new dates and/or format. In this situation, no refunds will be given. If the event is not moved online or able to be rescheduled within 12 months of the original date, you will be entitled to a credit or a full refund.
For cancellations on or before Friday 28 June 2024, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable but are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.