Environmental Forestry 2024
This event brought together over 150 environmental, operations, technical and management representatives from the forest industry, and local and central government. It was designed for those with boots on the ground, planning operations, ensuring compliance and creating policy.
The programme delivered a range of case studies on improving outcomes for a diverse range of environmental objectives. It is not just about managing production forestry operations, but bringing a range of views together for environmental forestry practitioners and managers to learn and network.
- The new Government’s Policy Environment
- Industry-wide Research Perspectives
- Case Studies from Large Environmental Projects beyond Forestry
- Continuous Cover Forestry – International Practices
- An Iwi Perspective on Forestry Environment Management
- Wilding Conifers
- Workshops and interactive audience discussions
Who Will Attend?
- Environmental foresters from large and small forest management companies
- Senior operation managers from forest companies
- Regulatory and compliance staff from regional councils and local government agencies
- Staff from both policy and management groups at national government agencies
- Owners and senior operations staff from forest engineering contracting companies
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
The Environmental Forestry conference offers a tremendous opportunity for companies involved throughout the forestry sector. Exhibition spaces are at a premium. FIEA has a well-deserved reputation of providing both sponsors and exhibitors with a unique platform for promoting their products and services to the industry in BOTH New Zealand and Australia.
We always receive strong interest in the sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities available. For a full range of sponsorship, exhibition and branding options, please contact Gordon Thomson, Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference. After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority.
Special accommodation rates will be available shortly
- The Conference Rate refers to your attendance in person at the Rotorua, New Zealand conference and exhibitions.
- All prices exclude GST (15%).
- A credit card processing fee of 2.9% will be charged on all transactions.
- The special discounts apply only to the standard conference rate. To be eligible, registrations and payment must be received ON or BEFORE the dates listed date above. All special discounts require payment at the time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) Member Discounts of 10-25% apply to the listed Standard Conference Rate. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- For those attending in Rotorua, the event registration payment covers:
- morning and afternoon teas
- networking evening
- conference handbook
- post-event access to presentation PPT’s (electronic download of PDF’s, for those presentations where presenter approval has been given).
COVID-19 related information:
- The event organiser will work to ensure that all instructions provided by the New Zealand Government Health Authorities, relating to travel and the running of events because of COVID-19 are strictly adhered to.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsor, exhibitor or delegate, if intending to travel to attend the conference, to check on all updated health and Government guidelines for any specific entry requirements.
- If for any reason the venue is unable to be used because of COVID-19 restrictions that might have been imposed by Government, the event organiser may need to either reschedule the event or move the event online. Your registration will automatically transfer to the new dates and/or format. In this situation, no refunds will be given. If the event is not moved online or able to be rescheduled within 12 months of the original date, you will be entitled to a credit or a full refund.
For cancellations on or before Friday 24 May 2024, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable but are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.