- 9-10 August 2022, Rotorua, New Zealand9-10 August 2022, Virtual Online, New Zealand
Over 320 industry leaders, corporate emitters and investors were hosted at the 4th Annual Carbon Forestry Conference run by Innovatek in Rotorua on 9-10 August 2022.
With the policy environment being so dynamic right now, seedling sales skyrocketing and significant activity around investment planning to establish new forestry portfolios to meet growing emissions obligations, the strong line-up of Carbon Forestry 2022 speakers delivered insights into the current state of the carbon forestry industry.
Lively panel discussions allowed for a range of question-and-answer sessions throughout the two half-days that the event ran.
How carbon markets and the Emissions Trading Scheme are working were detailed by speakers along with what’s likely to change in future. Experienced forest and asset managers also outlined how the economics of ‘exotics-to-natives’ as a combined investment strategy is set to deliver sustainable investment solutions. There was plenty of networking over the two days and feedback received to date from delegates has been excellent.
- Setting the Scene and the mechanics of carbon markets
- Who’s Involved – Demand-side and What’s Happening
- Who’s Involved – Supply-side and Case Studies
- What’s Next and What Might Prove Challenging
- Future Carbon Landscape – How Carbon Forestry Plans for the Longer Term
- Forest Managers
- Forest Investors
- Farm, Iwi and Land Managers
- Consulting Foresters
- Iwi Groups and Organisations
- Accountants and Investment Managers
- Legal and Financial Professionals
- Landowners and Farm Foresters
- Large Carbon Emitters
- University / Education and R&D Institutions